2007 is the Chinese year of the pig (effective February 18th, 2007). The pig is nice to a fault and possesses impeccable manners and taste. People born in the year of the pig will be happy and honest and are highly intelligent, forever studying, playing and probing in their quest for knowledge.
Resolutions for 2007 (See 2006 resolutions):
- Consistently keep up with my school classes every week instead of cramming before each exam
- Spend more time at home during the week
- Take a short trip to China to meet Han’s parents
- Spend more time to learn more Chinese
- Adjust my budget to reduce social expenditures in order to pay down my line of credit
- Set aside money every pay cheque to help needy people
- Have more patience and love for everyone
Predictions for 2007:
- Iraq: – The US will send more troops to Iraq, violence will continue to escalate, peaking by the end of the summer. The US will then begin to withdraw troops by November 2007.
- Canada: – Stephane Dion will become the 23rd Prime Minister of Canada in yet another minority Liberal government. Dion will earn Canada’s respect and the Liberals will call another election and obtain a majority government in early 2008.
- Saddam: – The hanging of Saddam won’t have a significant impact on the violence in Iraq. Violence will continue to rise consistently regardless of the Saddam hanging.
- Israel: – Aid to the Palestinians will be reinstated as a result of measures taken by Hamas. Plans by Israel to attack Iranian nuclear facilities will be exposed but not executed.
- Iran: – Iran will continue its quest for Nuclear energy despite the UN Sanctions and will continue to taunt the United States. The US will threaten Iran, but they won’t attack.
- North Korea: – DPRK will return to 6-nation negotations by end of 2007 and a significant threat won’t be posed
- Sudan: – The Darfur conflict will continue in the shadows of the world media despite efforts by groups to expose it. Britney Spears will continue to get headlines above this large country in Africa.
- Bin Laden: – Osama will continue to elude the United States until they dedicate more resources to find him. This won’t happen in 2007, but will be a signifcant part of the election platforms for the 2008 elections, and Bin Laden will likely be killed by 2009.
- Toronto: – With Canada’s recent offensive stance in Afghanistan, I feel Canada will see a terrorist attack within the next year. Most likely it will happen in Toronto; likely on the subway or at Union station. (Trust me this is not something I’d want to see).
** Updated on Jan 4, 2007