Screenshot from YouTube video by Vancouver Cycle Chic
Below is a wonderful video by our friend Chris Bruntlett and the folks over at Vancouver Cycle Chic featuring Vancouver librarian Cecily Walker, as she introduces her city as a great place to live and to get around by bike.
Vancouver, as you probably know, rests inside a province that has a mandatory all-ages helmet law, so it is great to see Cecily standing up against this asinine law in this film (as many other people do in Vancouver each day).
Cecily does a wonderful job of showing how safe and pleasant urban bicycling is.
Just a lovely, lovely video:
More Articles Like This:
- Urban Bicycling Is For Lazy People (June 2013)
- Bicycles Are For People Who Can’t Be Late (Mar 2013)
- The World Has Changed. So Can You. (April 2011)
- Vancouver Approves Hornby Street Dedicated Bike Lanes (Oct 2010)
- Don’t Judge Canada: Velo-City Global 2012 Vancouver (Apr 2011)
- The Unconventional Urban Citizen Bicyclist (April 2012)
- Barriers to Cycling: Debunking the Myths (Nov 2009)