Stettler, Alberta’s bike share program has been suspended after the program’s single bicycle went missing in that town of about 5,700 people.
Bike Share Program Director, Harold Bruce spoke to the CBC about the program he founded after returning from a visit to Toronto, where he had thoroughly enjoyed Toronto’s BIXI bike share program.
He then approached Stettler’s town council and started Stettler’s first and only bike share program.
Listen to the interview in its hilarious entirety on CBC Radio.
More Articles Like This:
- Citi Bike: A Game Changer For New York City (July 2013)
- BIXI: Montreal’s Bicycle Sharing System (July 2009)
- Do-It-Yourself Neighbourhood Bike Share (June 2011)
- DC’s Capital Bikeshare Falls Short (Sept 2010)
- BIXI Toronto And The Public Bike System Company (April 2011)
- Bike Sharing in Car Capital of the World? (Jan 2010)
- Urban Bicycling Is For Lazy People (June 2013)
- Bicycles Are For People Who Can’t Be Late (Mar 2013)