Singapore traffic jam. Photo courtesy of epSos.de
Enjoyed this Onion article about drivers:
Citing that a majority of Americans are irresponsible, easily distracted people who have little regard for other human beings, a new Department of Transportation report revealed Wednesday that it’s “actually kind of crazy” that U.S. citizens are allowed to drive automobiles.
“Americans make millions of mind-boggling, idiotic mistakes every day, and when taking into consideration the sheer amount of lives that could be lost due to just the slightest human error while driving, it’s actually pretty goddamn shocking that we let citizens operate 4,000-pound machines capable of going 200 mph,”
“Consider the average American on Facebook who says things like ‘first’ or makes a bizarre Monica Lewinsky reference out of nowhere. Now think of somebody dumber than that. That person’s allowed to drive, too. Pretty nuts, right?”
Read the full article here.
James D. Schwartz is the Editor of The Urban Country and is based in Toronto, Canada. You can contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter.
More Articles Like This:
- Volvo Technology For Inattentive Drivers (March 2013)
- Ignoring Careless, Dangerous Driving (Dec 2012)
- Responsibility & Accountability On Our Streets (April 2011)
- Why Not Aim For Zero Deaths? (Dec 2010)
- Ignoring the Real Problem On Our Streets (Nov 2009)
- Preventable Deaths – Asking All The Wrong Questions (June 2012)
- Enough Excuses: Cars Cause Death (Dec 2010)