Drivers sitting in gridlocked traffic stare at the “empty” bike lane, because I have already long passed them. Great quote by @pathlesspedaled.
(As long as the bike lane isn’t *too* empty of course.)
James D. Schwartz is the Editor of The Urban Country and is based in Toronto, Canada. You can contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter.
More Articles Like This:
- Bicycles Are For People Who Can’t Be Late (March 2013)
- Bicycle Transportation Should Be Taken Seriously (March 2012)
- The World Has Changed. So Can You. (Apr 2011)
- How Bicycles Can Boost Commerce (Dec 2012)
- Bicycle Infrastructure Is Good For Business (May 2011)
- Saved By The Wheel Lock (Sept 2012)
The empty bike lane shows most humans not being able to compute the available information: Why am I here in a car? if I use a bike, I can use that lane, saving time, money and the environment. As an extra bonus I get some exercise.